• Communication – No matter how tight your budget, never cut corners when it comes to communication. All team members should have easy and instant access to every one of their fellow colleagues. Often teams aren’t always in the same physical vicinity which calls for remote collaboration tools such as ShowMyPC. Using the intelligent software, teams can engage, discuss, share and chat from anywhere in the world.
• Support – Teams should always be given ample support. As well as access to the right resources, software and equipment needed to carry out tasks you should also have other less tangible systems in place. This includes stress management training, the opportunity to give feedback/make suggestions and the general peace of mind that if they need any form of assistance they can turn to their manager for support.
• ‘Fluff’ training – Corporate training and development has generated serious buzz and while some courses are incredibly useful, others are simply unnecessary. Before enrolling staff in courses, be absolutely certain that ROI is going to make the investment worth your while.
• Over hiring – It can be tempting to over hire when initiating the team building process but at the end of the day, too many cooks in the kitchen can hinder productivity. Instead, ensure that every member of the team has a clear cut role and is able to bring valuable skills to the table. If you do feel the need to expand your workforce in the future, you can always take on one extra employee at a time or consider enlisting the help of a temporary freelancer. If you choose the latter, remote PC sharing software such as ShowMyPC is a great way to streamline the communications process.
• On-the-job perks – It’s important to reward your team for their hard work but not at the expense of your business. If you’re just starting out then smaller, scaled rewards will do the trick. As your business grows, you can start to offer better rewards and on-the-job perks.
Now you know where to scrimp and where to splurge you can start building a better team, today!
[ view entry ] ( 10 views ) | permalink | print article | related link | ( 3 / 15 )
What's new in Premium version 3525?
- New Enhanced UI
- Quick share link to send meeting information to users
- Viewer has a quick access button to View All PCs
- More granular control on host sharing settings (this provides options for further security and control over sessions)
1. Prevent remote viewer from controlling computer
2. Prevent remote viewer from transferring files
3. Disable local mouse and keyboard during sessions
- Bug fix for Mac viewer displaying black screen
[ view entry ] ( 205 views ) | permalink | print article | related link | ( 2.9 / 400 )
Of course, collaboration between international employees can be both difficult and expensive. To cut expenses, save time and increase efficiency we’ve come up with five cost effective ways to enhance your international collaboration efforts.
Send regular companywide updates
Creating a sense of company-wide collaboration is an essential part of building a strong team, even if members are in different geographic locations. One inexpensive yet effective way to do this is to compose and send regular companywide updates that keep every employee in the loop. A kind of corporate newsletter to announce new developments, recognise high performers and generally create a stronger international community of workers.
Invest in remote desktop sharing and meeting services
For enterprises manned by an international workforce, investing in remote desktop sharing and meeting services software is a hugely effective way to boost collaboration strategies. Instead of relying on group emails and conference calls, employees will be able to remotely share and access the desktops of their colleagues in an instant. They’ll also be able to use meeting services to attend virtual conferences with employees on the other side of the world.
Ensure contact details are readily available
Another way to create a strong international collaboration strategy is to ensure that all employees have access to the contact details of their colleagues. Direct email and phone lines will make it far easier and faster for them to ask questions, answer questions, and check facts. Company wide intranet services and employee databases already make this simple.
Launch a company intranet
It may require an initial investment of time and money but launching a company intranet can seriously augment international collaboration. It will give every employee access to a wide range of information, at their fingertips.
Armed with these five simple tips, you should be able to create a cost effective international collaboration strategy.
[ view entry ] ( 206 views ) | permalink | print article | related link | ( 2.9 / 492 )
This feature is available to all our customers.
- Access your unattended PCs from any Browser.
- An easy and secure way to reach your PC.
- Bookmark or Share link with other trusted users.
- Integrate this link with other applications or websites.
- Applies to all your PCs.
[ view entry ] ( 159 views ) | permalink | print article | ( 3 / 53 )
Infiltration of all sectors
In the future expect to see desktop sharing emerge as a must have tool for businesses and service providers operating in all market sectors. As well as its current applications for corporate sectors such as business, banking, taxation and law, desktop sharing tools will also be adopted by a myriad of other markets such as healthcare, retail, science and more.
Collaboration in the workplace
Building better teams is an integral part of business growth and success. Rather than rely on group emails, presentations and conference calls for inter-team communication, desktop sharing will emerge as an efficient and effective tool for fostering excellent teamwork. The ability for employees to view and share remote desktops in just seconds will save time, boost productivity and encourage innovation.
Desktop sharing on-the-go
Could desktop sharing soon be a feature seen on the smartphones of everyday citizens? According to insider chatter, the answer is yes! Apple has recently been granted a patent which would see FaceTime double as a collaborative productivity tool where users can share screens while conducting a two-way video conversation. Furthermore, leading remote desktop support and meeting providers such as ShowMyPC are already offering Android and iPhone support across their range of packages.
Better services for users
Today, people expect more and more from technological services. Desktop sharing providers that can’t keep up with the demands of customers risk losing business at a rapid rate. To retain customers, expect to see providers rolling out better deals for customers across the board. Already, this can be seen in in services such as ShowMyPC which offer users unlimited hosting for private PCs, premium meeting support and a free helpdesk system.
With plenty of exciting new developments on the horizon, the future of desktop sharing is looking bright.
[ view entry ] ( 226 views ) | permalink | print article | related link | ( 3 / 663 )